Wednesday 11 August 2010

Like my life would suck without you

Yesterday was spent at home still recovering from what seemed like a lifetime of flu. Having spent the past week watching every movie under the sun I was looking for something new to waste my time on. So I decided to go through my itunes. While browsing through my many albums and random songs I realized that almost every artist in my library reminded me of certain people. I love the fact that when a certain artist comes on the play list that almost automatically a visual of a certain place or instance comes into you head. Be it bad or good the song takes you immediately back in time to a certain time.
 So having spent about two hours fooling around on my computer I wondered, "what artist best describes my life?" After some long deliberation I came to the conclusion that my relationship with Kelly Clarkson is probably the closest thing to a relationship that I have right now. Since the beginning of college I have had a long term relationship with this American Idol. From her first album to her current there has always been a connection and it continues to grow. There never seems to be a play list or CD made that doesn't have at least one of her songs on there. I am not quite sure the point of this posting, except maybe  I am wondering if anyone else out there has personal relationship with a song or artist. What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I too have an infatuation with all things Kelly Clarkson. One time I made a CD for my car of "random" songs in my iTunes library that ended up with at least five of those 12 songs belonging to her. I think the other 7 were other American Idols! You know what's funny? For years, every time I hear that Kylie Minogue "la la la" song (can't remember the name!), I think of when we rode to Berry College for a basketball game and you, me and Christa sang that thing at the top of our lungs. I think you should make a Soundtrack of Sam's Life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a band I've been in love with since I was about 13, I could probably pick out any song in their catalogue and connect it to someone or some event in my life.

    ReplyDelete